As you know, recently, we have upgraded to 1.7.2, and now it is time to think for the future.
As some of you, the players that plays here since the begin of AuraCraft knows, half of our world is v1.2.5. The other part is v1.5.
Currently, our world is a bit more than 10 gigabytes and it keeps growing every second. (for reference, a regular single player world is less than 100 megabytes).
- The large size is not a problem for us, although it takes a bit more time to load upon reboot.
The real question is, how should we proceed? Should we expand our current world, open a second one, or reset the current one?
Below, I'll try to list the pros and cons, in case of map reset.
- Fresh start
- 1.7.2 - 1.7.3 map with all of its features
- Clean map with lots of space to build, lots of villages/caves/biomes to explore, lots of chests to hunt
- More things to do, like:
-- Building a new house/shop/farm/arena/mini-game
-- Leveling up your mcmmo skills
-- Enchanting your new items
- And a lot of other things
- Complete map reset, including inventories & mcmmo skills
Both: (pros and cons)
- Bans will be lifted (not all of them, of course). The plus here is that some of your banned friends will receive a 'second chance'.
The ranks (including those from voting) will be preserved - no need to worry about them at all.
Please vote on the poll and leave us a comment with your personal opinion.